This project comprised alteration and refurbishment works to specific areas of the Tiled House centre to provide new office accommodation whilst the centre remained occupied and operational.
The areas of work constituted the existing day centre, the dining room and clinical commissioning group offices.
The works included:
- Removal of asbestos
- Installation of new ceilings, removal of existing partition walls and masonry walls
- Construction of new partitions in the dining room area to form offices, a corridor, staff area, occupational therapy room and kitchen
- Replacement windows and external doors
- Replacement lighting, emergency lighting and small power
- Relocation of IT equipment
- Replacement radiators and heating circulation system
- Replacement floor coverings
- Refitting of fixed equipment
- Re-decoration throughout
The project was delivered in two phases of seven and five weeks with one week for decanting in between on a sectional completion.
The client team were initially extremely cautious of contractors due to a previous unpleasant experience, yet through the effective and regular communication from Seddon, we demonstrated to the client our capabilities, restored their confidence in contractors, and their fears were removed.
Due to client requirements, we had to complete this contract as two separate phases of work with sectional handover and to allow access to communal areas for residents and staff without interruption whilst the work was carried out.