This project consists of the build of 27 Timber framed home for Great Places Housing Association.
Great places appointed Seddon to build 27 two and three bed shared ownership and affordable rent homes. The works started in July 2020 and are expected to complete in July 2021.
Works were due to start in March however due to the COVID-19 Pandemic works were pushed back to be able to be completed safely.
- Drainage installation
- Vibro piling
- Installation of block and beam floors
- Works to connect the sewers in Astley Road were carried out, with temporary traffic lights being installed
- Concrete slab pours
- Tarmacking of the roads
- Scaffold was installed around the site
- Timber Frame installation
- Plumbing, Gas and Electrics connected
- Sewer connections fitted
- Windows and roofs fitted
Residents were informed about upcoming works through letter drops and monthly newsletters.
Our teams also worked extra hard to make sure they followed the Government’s strict Covid-19 standards to work safely during their time on our site. We added extra hygiene facilities, reduced the number of workers on-site, made changes to our welfare units, put up extra signage and gave training to all our workers on this new way of working. Think Safe, Stay Safe!