Consisting of the design and construction of 49 plots for affordable rent and shared ownership together with all associated roads, drainage, engineering works, external works and services and landscaping.
The phased design and construction of 49 residential dwellings together with all associated external works, services and the design and construction of all infrastructure serving the entire development and comprises:
- Removal of any spoil and where applicable contaminated waste from the existing site.
- Individual house/apartments having suspended slabs with gas protection measures.
- House layout and design including mechanical and electrical services and decoration, etc.
- Mains services diversions.
- Utility/service trenches and laid pipes for live services.
- Surface water drainage with manholes and manhole connections.
- Foul water drainage, a rising main and manhole connections.
- Internal access road construction.
- Street lighting
- Significant landscaping including turfing, planting, footpaths and landscape furniture, etc.
The sitewas located off the Malvern Road (A449) Malvern, and was designated greenfield land with residential properties adjacent to two sides of the sites boundary.
Numerous plots have had custom made Solar Photovoltaic Panels installed into their properties to encourage the use of renewable energy. They all offer higher output power, better temperature-dependent performance and reduced shading effects. The panels were tested and commissioned expertly before installation.
The development team comprised Worcester-based, Zebra Architects; Patrick Parson structural engineers, and local subcontractors, which provided apprentice opportunities for young people through the supply chain.
Rob Moore, business unit director at Seddon, said “Winsmore is a well-designed, thriving community that meets local affordable housing needs head on. Throughout the project, we have worked closely with Platform Housing Group to make the most of this key greenfield site, providing high-quality properties and ample outside space for residents to call home, whether choosing to rent or buy.”