Together Housing is one of the biggest housing associations in the North of England with over 38,000 homes mainly across the Yorkshire and Lancashire areas.
Seddon was appointed to carry our upgrade, painting and decorating works to multiple void properties across Salford to become lettable for new tenants. Over 25 properties were refurbished in total, including numerous fire damaged properties.
It was agreed with the client that five properties would be completed and handed over, snag-free, per week. Careful planning and sequencing were considered due to the varied range of work required in each property to ensure this handover requirement could be achieved.
Careful co-ordination of our in-house trades enabled the successful completion of the following works:
- Prior Clean – Our cleaning team would enter the property to ensure the working environment was safe for trades to work, any obstructions were removed and disposed of safely by our waste centre.
- Plastering – many properties had already the window reveals removed so inspection and testing works could be undertaken on the cladding and its insulation.
- Joinery Works – Various joinery works were carried out in these properties, such as new fire doors to the kitchens and repair or upgrade of timber doors to bedrooms, living rooms, hallways and cupboards.
- Bathroom furniture – New bathroom furniture such as showerheads, shower curtain rails and shower curtains, toilets and soap holders were renewed including toilet seats and vents.
- Floor screeds – Due to a number of floor areas being damaged within the properties.
- Vinyl flooring - Installed to kitchens and bathrooms to provide a clean environment for a new tenant.
- Electrical Testing - To to give the housing association peace of mind that quality tests had been undertaken prior to new tenants moving into the property.
- Decoration Works - Various walls were papered, whilst all new timbers throughout the properties were primed before all woodwork and metalwork received a full coat of undercoat and full coat of gloss.
- Deep Clean and Builders Clean – Carried out prior to handover to put the finishing touches in and to make the property lettable to a new tenant.