Last week our MD, Peter Jackson, took part in a virtual townhall event, hosted by Let’s Build. The topic for conversation was “impact of COVID-19: Why some firms succeed while others fail".
Peter was joined by respectable company in the guise of Dame Judith Hackitt, Ann Bentley, Sarah Fox and Clare Miller, yet the panel shared a similar view on the topic, as Peter explains,
“It was really refreshing to sit with such an esteemed peer group and have honest discussion about our industry. What became apparent very quickly is that, whilst we were all coming from different roles within the industry, everyone shared the same passion and drive for construction, and for the industry to emerge post Covid19, stronger, more resilient and changed for the better.”
Those present discussed key topics such as encouraging non-adversarial relationships, creating a better culture, the new normal and adopting technology to support change, with Sara Fox from 500 Words stating "It is not a risk to invest in technology, it is a risk not to invest."
Over 300 people tuned in on the day, but if you missed it, the links to watch the speakers and the full event are listed below.
Watch the full event here
Or jump to speakers,
- Judith Hackitt; "Those who wait to get back to how it was are the ones who won't survive in this new world"
- Ann Bentley; "They must understand value, not just cost...."
- Peter Jackson; "Success and failure is down to relationships
- Sarah Fox; "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for us to actually come out of this with a different culture in construction"
- Clare Miller "We really need to respond to the views of the younger members of staff (...) It is really important that as a leader (...) I facilitate innovation”