This project included the replacement of the existing roof covering, associated RSF / rainwater goods, soil vent pipes, mechanical repoint of external elevations, painting and decorating to external variations and communal areas, electrical upgrades to communal areas, access door replacements, macadam repairs to side roads and minor brickwork repairs.
Other works included DDA ramped access to Chell Heath Road to the communal entrance, maintenance to the garage to the rear of the block in the form of re-felting roofs, roof, soffit, facia/rainwater goods and door replacements.
Three blocks of flats over shops (13 properties in total):
163 to 171 Spring Bank Road (consisting of four shop units [one of which is combined as one unit] and two first floor flats).
447 to 543 Chell Heath Road (consisting of four shop units to the ground floor [three of which are combined as one unit] and two first floor flats).
465 to 469 Chell Heath Road (consisting of four ground floor shop units [one of which is combined as one unit] and two first floor flats).
Works to each block consisted of:
- Replacing the roof.
- Rebuilding the chimneys.
- Replacing fascia, soffits, gutters, downspouts and soil vent pipes.
- Concrete repairs to front façade.
- Replacing the front entrance combination door and frame.
- Painting the concrete façade following repair.
- Rubbish removal/vegetation removed.
- Painting, re-wiring and lighting upgrades to communal stairwells.
- Canopy removal at the rear.