This project included the strip out and refurbishment of the CovPress industrial Unit, with extra precautions taken to continue works during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Work carried out included the demolition of the internal warehouse walls and the removal of the ceiling linings.
- The demolition of pre-fabricated structures
- Removal of damaged cladding panels
- Dismantled mezzanine floors
- Removal of loading doors, access ladders and high-level plant gantries.
- Removal of roof-mounted process extraction systems, air scrubbing systems, pipework and other HVAC
- Removal & renewal of damaged/displaced kerbs, edgings, and paving
- Strip out in canteen, kitchen, stores and WC’s
- Concrete cutting/breaking out, localised removal & reinstatement of concrete yard surfaces
- The infill of existing machine press pits through both mass fill and reinforced concrete slabs cast onto a multi-deck system
- Safe removal & disposal of surplus materials
COVID-19 precautions taken were:
- Social-distancing maintained where possible, workforce divided into small teams to accommodate this
- Hand-washing facilities around site, canteen seating reconfigured, and one-way walkways were implemented through the site to help adhere to social distancing rules
- Lift & hoist control surfaces cleaned regularly
- Vehicle interiors cleaned regularly & avoidance of public transport where possible
- Advisory signage was put up around the site and welfare facilities and tool-box talks about the virus and social distancing/hygiene policies were given to everyone working on the site.