This project undertakes the new build construction of 49 new homes including bungalows, apartments, semi-detached and terraced properties for affordable rent and shared ownership.
The project included the design and construction of 49 plots for affordable rent and shared ownership together with all associated roads, drainage, engineering works, external works and services and landscaping.
The phased design and construction of 49 residential dwellings together with all associated external works, services and the design and construction of all infrastructure serving the entire development and comprises:
- Removal of any spoil and where applicable contaminated waste from the existing site.
- Individual house / apartments having suspended slabs with gas protection measures.
- House layout and design including mechanical and electrical services and decoration, etc.
- Mains services diversions.
- Utility / service trenches and laid pipes for live services.
- Surface water drainage with manholes and manhole connections.
- Foul water drainage, a rising main and manhole connections.
- Internal access road construction.
- Street lighting.
- Significant landscaping including turfing, planting, footpaths and landscape furniture, etc.
The site is located off the Malvern Road (A449) Malvern, and was designated greenfield land with residential properties adjacent to two sides of the boundary of the site.