The project involved the construction of 60 affordable units including two, three and four-bedroom houses and eight bungalows on a previous school, Oakfield Highschool. The site is located in Hindley, Wigan.
The project also included:
• Design and build of new residential units, together with associated car parking, hard and soft landscaping works, including all soft landscaping and maintenance.
• Seddon held 'meet the contractor' events, liaising with residents in the local area.
• The site is a former school site so there were challenges in removing old foundations/floor slabs.
• Liaison with Environment Health Departments to agree on ground remediation strategy.
• Multiple employment opportunities created from the project.
We also teamed up with charity The Crimson Wave, who help to provide reliable, safe & free menstrual wear to those in need. We hosted a packing party and helped to raise funds for the charity.