What you’ll do
- Processing of supplier invoices to enable strict 30-day payment terms.
- Entering of delivery notes ensuring order numbers are correct and that items are delivered against the correct products and quantities within our cost periods on COINS.
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve any discrepancies to enable prompt payment.
- Liaising with the buying department on price or quantity discrepancies
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
- Basic usage of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Communicate with sites to ensure information regarding the delivery of materials is correct.
- The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
Have you got what it takes?
- All procedures for deliveries and payments to be completed correctly with speed and accuracy within the monthly/weekly timescale – dependant on payment terms agreed, to enable constant supply of goods
- Ensure that the unapproved invoice register is constantly reviewed, and all queries chased and resolved
- Complete duties and comply with the instructions given by the Purchase Team Leader. Respect and help your fellow colleagues.
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to detail
- Financial Awareness
- Organisation Skills
- Prioritise Workload
- A ‘Common Sense’ approach
- Flexible approach
- Operate within the company standards and policies
- Be a team player
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Knowledge of COINS an advantage but not essential
For more information please click here: Purchase Ledger Assistant