An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to join our Housing team based in Birmingham, Housing refurbishment experience is essential and will be the main duties of the role. This includes planned maintenance and regeneration projects.
To prepare an accurate nett estimate of project cost and following the settlement process, manage the submission of an agreed tender offer to the client, typically on traditional & non-traditional forms of procurement
Uphold and communicate the values and culture of the Seddon brand and position Seddon as the contractor of choice
What you’ll do
- Developing competitive design solutions to client’s briefs with input from the professional team and subcontractors
- Adopting a proactive approach to value engineering throughout the design phase of design and build projects
- Regularly visit sites when required
- Compiling accurate budget cost & cost plans using appropriate data including company historical data.
- Managing the subcontract and material enquiry process
- Initiating technical queries and ensuring design is sufficiently developed to indicate accurate costing
- Pricing of rates from first principles
- Convening and chairing a Tender Launch meeting
- Attending internal mid-bid review meetings as required
- Highlighting and discussing major commercial issues with the Bid Team, as well as preparing the Contractor’s Proposals for design and build projects
- Preparing and submitting tender documentation
Have you got what it takes?
- Successful delivery of tenders on a wide range of tenders
- Have experience of various construction methods
- Good communications skills
- Knowledge of Supply Chain management
- Experience of controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
- Experience of reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications
- Good standard of mathematical ability
For more information and to apply please see: Estimator Midlands