What you’ll do
- Visit all sites to measure, monitor and advise on legal requirements relating to Safety, Health and Environmental issues.
- Support and advise on production of Construction Phase Plans, Method statements and Risk Assessments.
- Attend Decision to Proceed meetings for SHEQ support.
- Carry out site safety and environmental audit on a risk basis decided by the local project team and/or Regional Director.
- Accurately record findings to the local team and department.
- Provide support to site teams, and assistance/advice on corrective and preventative actions.
- Investigate all accidents, and record accurate data for reports to the Head of SHEQ and Regional team in a timely manner.
- Undertake SHEQ Inductions for new starters.
- Maintain current/updated knowledge regarding Safety, Health & environmental and other relevant legislation.
- Arrange regional safety meetings with project teams and contractors to develop best practice.
- Facilitate Director and Senior Management Safety Tours.
- Support Pre-construction team with Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Provide training to staff/employers at all levels.
Have you got what it takes?
- NEBOSH Diploma/Certificate.
- Experience of managing health and safety on construction projects.
- Good people management and communication skills.
- Proven track record and well organised.
- Ability to forward plan and foresee potential problems together with solutions.
- Maintain accreditation in relevant qualifications.
- Environmental qualification not essential but some experience required.
For more information please click here: SHE Advisor