What you’ll do
• Ensure that Seddon SHE and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to at all times.
• Adopt and comply with the Seddon contract delivery processes into your daily disciplines.
• Forecast cash on an accurate and timely basis, ensuring that the cash position of the project is maximised without compromising our contractual arrangements and relationships with either customers or subcontractors & suppliers.
• Evaluate CVIs, Architect or EA instructions and subcontractor’s variations.
• Raise alarm signals to the Commercial Manager when the contract is straying outside the cost and profit parameters. Apply skills to maximise margins in co-operation with the Contracts / Project Manager by keeping cost to a minimum and value to a maximum by all professional legitimate means.
• Develop and maintain close relationships with customers, consultants & subcontractors to continuously improve customer experience, improve our company and obtain repeat &
• Support the Contracts / Project Manager to ensure that all significant project issues and correspondence and all necessary contractual processes have been observed, notices
issued, records kept and documents stored by the team to protect the company’s position, seeking advice from the Managing / Senior Surveyor or Commercial Manager where necessary;
Have you got what it takes?
• QS Degree or equivalent
• Good data interrogation skills
• Commercial Awareness
• Experience of management accounts
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Commercial contracting experience
• Must have relevant experience in the housing sector including refurbishment work, NEC contracts and frameworks.
For more information and to apply please click on the job title here: Quantity Surveyor