An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Midlands team
What you’ll do
- Ensure that Seddon SHE and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to at all times;
- Adopt and comply with the Seddon contract delivery processes into your daily disciplines.
- Forecast cash on an accurate and timely basis, ensuring that the cash position of the project is maximised without compromising our contractual arrangements and relationships with either customers or subcontractors & suppliers
- Evaluate CVIs, Architect or EA instructions and subcontractor’s variations
- Raise alarm signals to the Managing Surveyor / Commercial Manager when the contract is straying outside the cost and profit parameters. Apply skills to maximise margins in co-operation with the Contracts / Project Manager by keeping cost to a minimum and value to a maximum by all professional legitimate means.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with customers, consultants & subcontractors to continuously improve customer experience, improve our company and obtain repeat & negotiated business
Have you got what it takes?
- QS Degree or equivalent desirable
- Good data interrogation skills
- Line Management experience desirable
- Commercial Awareness
- Experience of management accounts
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Commercial contracting experience
- Experience in both New Build and Planned Maintenance desirable
For more information and to apply please see: Quantity Surveyor