An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Learning & Development Manager based at our offices in Bolton. The overall purpose of this role is to provide strategic direction to business leaders in relation to the entire learning and development lifecycle and to develop a culture of continuous learning and development, where individuals thrive, and a coaching culture is created.
As an integral member of the People Department, this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to lead the training function throughout the business and to bring their own ideas of how we can create a learning organisation, a coaching culture and innovative ways to develop our people.
What you’ll do
- Delivery of learning and development plan to ensure a workforce skilled for the future.
- Overall responsibility for the Seddon Learning academy.
- Partner within your business areas by building effective relationships with leaders to define business learning requirements and influence and shape learning and development initiatives.
- Provide learning and development insight, expertise and coaching to leaders, acting as a trusted advisor.
- Managing apprentice training programme including administration of appropriate grants / apprenticeship levy.
- Support the Head of People in the development and implementation of the People Development Strategy.
- Champion and embed Group Values and Ways of Working.
Have you got what it takes?
- Experienced in delivering a range of learning interventions as well as adding value by partnering with leaders to deliver action plans based on key metrics.
- Experience as a true L&D Business Partner.
- Understanding of funding, grants & apprenticeship levy.
- Excellent communication, presentation and delivery skills.
- Demonstrable experience of identifying training needs, developing and implementing training strategies, and evaluating learning outcomes.
- CIPD qualified or relevant experience in the field of Learning & Development.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Coaching and or mentoring skills, knowledge and experience.
- Effective Project Management skills.
- Good working knowledge of training and design delivery methodologies.
- An awareness of individual learning styles and the important of appealing to these in L&D delivery.
For more information and to apply please see: Learning & Development manager